2011年9月14日 星期三

my little sunflower

is gifted with a giant smile, calling me aunt
in a sunbeam-like energetic voice, transcending light,
lighting darkness. we were running on the rooftop
in the night of mid-autumn, having fun in the game of monsters
and kung-fu, he was playing bruce lee being defeated, lying on my
laps with his eyes closed and his mouth half-open. he loved it when
i screamed and mourned, saying "oh little dragon, don't die,
wake up!" he would then leak a little smile -
and i have not seen anything more cuddly my whole life.
he arrived that year after my father died, he used to sleep
on my bed for quite some time,
in each of those mornings i turned around
and said to him "good morning", kissing his cheek, and there,
in each golden autumn he shone the brightest,
smiling at me the sweetest smiles.

沒有留言:

張貼留言