2011年9月29日 星期四

IIover

"llover" in spanish means "to rain" in english. a smile climbed onto my face when i learnt about it, as it cannot be more right - the association between lovers and rainy weather. i am often amused by puns and wordplays, and how languages and cultures cross over one another in different ways.

now what i need are persistance and time to really learn something this time, (thanks to the tyhpoon though today i don't need to go to class!) and then i will have Neruda all to myself. i thought it was romantic learning my boyfriend's language, (but his language was too difficult and my language buddy sort of abandoned me, haha!) thus, now i am learning a language for the poet i dearly adore. (i think it is something one should do when one is still young, i.e. indulging oneself in another world.)

沒有留言:

張貼留言