2011年9月12日 星期一

the moon shines through the window onto my bed.

after the party last night, i drew the curtain open and slept under the roundest and brightest moon ever. life has been graceful lately. it is like a long period of hard work and misery starting to get paid off finally. my job in the office is annoying sometimes, i am getting allergic to one particular task, and that task follows me around like an always hungry dog. but life has been well. all these people around me, i love them dearly.

i enjoy having one of my best friends living so near. kayu and i were chilling on the rooftop and there we waved at the mountains opposite to us on which our shadows were projected. i wish we could have it photographed but the cameras in our phones could not manage. *sigh*

it was milo's birthday last saturday night and we were supposed to go see a play, it only turned out that the usher with a voice that everyone in the theater could hear said to us, "your tickets are yesterday's." thus we made a good laugh out of it and hurried away. we spent the night on the green lawn where milo played the ukulele. it was such a lovely night with the silver moon hanging and the last summer breezes chilling. autumn was on its way.

i bought some roses for mom from the flower market yesterday, and on my way home i was thinking how important it was for me to bring her roses whenever i can, considering the fact that this woman basically wants nothing for herself except her children being well, and that every dollar i give to her is automatically spent on me. it simply takes some blooming roses to make her happy. when i was young i hated to carry flowers for her, as i would almost always run into the boys in class and they would tease me for that. (stupid boys.) she has a saying that the more flowers one carries the more loveliness one carries, but of course, it was not enough for the teenage me to get pass the humiliation some teenage boys could give.

but now i don't mind, every time i carry roses with me i feel lovely myself. i am happy that finally i feel good in my own skin, like everything finally fits, and for quite a long time now i don't even need any make-up to help me feel pretty.

沒有留言:

張貼留言