2010年10月8日 星期五

dear stranger,

tonight we had dinner at central. mexican food again. sitting next to our table was a western man at his 40s/50s, i am not good at telling age. i once thought a 30 year-old was 17. am i stupid? maybe.

so from time to time i caught him smiling a little smile at me. i didn't know why though. and ignored it. when he had paid his bill and was ready to leave, he approached me and asked if i could speak english, i said yes, and he said,

"i can't believe how much you have reminded me of my daughter, i am now going home to give her a call." and he smiled. and then he left.

my boyfriend said he was a strange man. but actually my heart started to build itself up with overwhelming warmth. maybe it's because i have always been a touchy-feely person. but it was so sweet. i wish there is something/someone somewhere to remind my own father of me somehow. sometimes i wonder if i'm already forgotten. i wonder if death really did us apart completely. how could something so strong become so weak?

but those are the things i will never know for sure.

so i am glad that, maybe my look, the way i laughed, or the way i dined gave someone the urge to call his own daughter and build bridges. it's a good thing. so good that it's almost beautiful.

i hope i can finish all the readings tomorrow.

沒有留言:

張貼留言