2010年11月11日 星期四

adam and eve

it's time to give this sugar coma a little bit sugary boost. but my sugar level is actually very, very low. why is love ever so miserable? the less i want the less i can get, but wanting more can only make me a greedy person, and whoever greedy will only end up in either poverty or loneliness. so cherry will be a good girl and be still and wait, and maybe someday my love will reward me with a happiness sugary sweet (or maybe not.)

the art of love is not yet something i can render masterly. my hands are often stiff and cold. my voice too, oh my stupid little voice, i have no idea why it sounds like it is today. once upon a time i was in the choir! and my music teachers used to say i sang "the sound of music" beautifully. these days i prefer to sit quietly and write a lot. this is something i know for sure, that maybe one day i can live on my own words, if i try hard enough in making it happen.

these days i have been reading Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe. some women fall into the hands of fate and have to struggle enough before securing their happiness for real and for good. i find that heartbreaking and pathetic. but we are only here because for one moment god thought adam might be lonely...... *sigh*

so god made lonely eve to couple adam's share of loneliness, and they made us simply by hanging around in the garden of eden without wisdom.

but of course the adam in this painting is misleading, isn't it weird that he's covering himself up (as an act out of shame) before eve has successfully convinced him to taste the forbidden fruit? i think dr. muir talked about it already. how i miss the lectures i had back at school. i wish to go back one day, to indulge myself from head to toe in art and literature.

沒有留言:

張貼留言