2011年8月15日 星期一

merry kismet

when i was around 8 i didn't know how to spell "merry christmas" while i wrote christmas cards to my classmates, so instead i wrote "merry kismet", thinking that they sounded just alike. this piece of silliness of the little me was recalled tonight while i was sitting on the minibus waiting to get home. i was exhausted. (i still am.) i accidentally wished some people a happy destiny. it feels somewhat lovely today.

my english was bad when i was in primary school as i didn't like it enough to study hard. i never thought i would become an English major at that time. i got zero for almost every English dictation when i was primary 4. i had my English workbook hidden behind the fish tank when i was primary 2, and since i was the monitress it gave me certain priviledges to escape punishment.

and then when i got to primary 6 there was this substitute teacher who came, and my attitude towards English completely changed. i was always terribly in love with Chinese before English came knocking on my forehead. the same thing happened with Fine Arts, i was kept afterschool for detention as i did not hand in enough paintings to get a pass. as for those that i handed in, my mom did most of them. but on the 1st week of university life i walked into dr. thomas' class and my eyes sparkled to a whole new world he laid out in front of me.

you never know how one person can just walk into your life and have everything changed, your life altered and your whole future re-drawn.

so that's it for tonight. merry kismet. :)

沒有留言:

張貼留言