2011年10月11日 星期二

alchemy

months ago i dug out this fake silver ring he gave me and i have had it on since then. it is the only ring that ever fits my fingers, they are too small even in local size. i had put it in a box for a year and more before i dug it out again. it was all worn out and yellowish because i used to wear it all the time, even in the shower. i have been doing the same for approximately 8 months now. when i first dug it out even my mom said it was too rusty to be worn. she said people would laugh at me for wearing a ring that old, but i insisted.

sometimes when i look at it, it looks almost golden. i am thinking that if i keep wearing it, it may eventually turn into gold someday. i am happy enough to keep it on the middle finger of my left hand, but if i ever need a wedding ring someday, it will do just fine.

something can still mean a great fortune to someone even when it looks entirely worthless. because i was young and fearless, you know. and i had more guts than i do now, and there is only this one ring in the entire human history that falls into the history about us walking through causeway bay to find a ring that could fit. it happened on that one particular night and i am never going to become 22 and live that summer ever again. although another summer happened and history is in its process of making still.

if there is a ring to make me feel pretty, if i really need to be wearing a ring to make me feel pretty, then this is it. i have this one ring on my hand that is worth nothing but already more than all the rings on earth to me.

there are more or less always strong reasons for every ridiculous thing i insist to do.

沒有留言:

張貼留言