2011年5月29日 星期日

i walked a long while in worn-out shoes.




no kidding. they have been through heavy showers. they made my feet smell. they were flatten by the roads i walked on, and the time i spent on the roads rushing through hours. but i have been busy, and lazy, i find shopping time-wasting and annoying, and the idea of spending money on me meaningless.

about a year ago i told a guy that i had no idea why my shoes kept falling apart every few weeks. he laughed at me and said maybe it was because i bought cheap cheap shoes. (*note the double "cheap" he used.) oh maybe he was right. for some moments i felt really bad about that. i almost felt ashamed of myself and the cheap shoes i walked and worked around in. all those women in the fair, they have shinny heels so high and chic.

my old gallery boss hugged me warmly and gave me a gift tonight, saying that she appreciated me. i am overjoyed, so happy that i can cry. my boy thinks i am drunk being so high. oh but how comforting that was when my feet are sore and my spirit is low! it was a real boost. i needed some hugs real bad.

it was at tsim sha tsui again. a boy followed me all the way to the bus stop. i forgot to pretend that i did not speak chinese. he asked for my number. i told him to ask someone else. he said he did not want random people. he stood there and waited in a frozen pose. it was so embarassing that the people in the queue started to leak out laughter. i said no. he stood there still. and for about 5 minutes more he gave up, i said bye to him and he walked away.

i do not give out numbers to strangers, but it was sort of funny and romantic. there must be something about that bus stop.

i bought myself 3 pairs of new shoes tonight, one in blue, one in pink and one in champagne. they are not expensive still, not that cheap though. i would have lived some more days on those worn-out ones, but mom asked me to stop by the supermarket and buy some stuff home. and on the way to the minibus stop i passed by a shoe shop newly opened.

i think life wants me to treat myself something good and comfy. i have been harsh on myself for a long while indeed. :)

i want to build a treehouse! oh or at least, a rooftop garden. someone promised to build me a swing, maybe i should build me one instead.

沒有留言:

張貼留言