2012年2月6日 星期一

spider at the bus stop

tonight i was alone waiting for the bus home, and there i saw a little spider, working its way up and down, weaving a web. aren't you brave little thing, i admire your dignity. little creatures amaze me, the way they find their ways, the way they find one another. i am often amazed by the collective force of a group of ants, the way they come together and move dead bodies, how can they be so good at keeping up with one another's pace? my little brother said it is because they live in a 2D world. i wonder if that's true.

i always keep in mind that respect is a hard-earned thing, that you cannot just walk into a room expecting people to respect you simply for how good you look or how important you seem, because that's nonsense, and most importantly, only the very ignorant and shallow people give away respect like that. thus i will work my hardest, i will give the best of me and squeeze my mind and be the most efficient and the smartest, because i am not only working to earn my salary, i am here to cultivate my being.

that was why i had to leave my comfort zone. i am not going to whine now, as it is important to stick with one's choices. i wanted it and i got it, and now all i have to do is to make it worthwhile.

the same goes for career, and the same goes for love. i wish i were a little braver like that little spider, so time and distance and pretty girls do not dishearten me, so i could cling to my stop and weave my web all over it.

by the way, how often do you kill a life just because you are scared (or just because you can)? snakes are like that, you know, of course most of the time they kill because they are hungry, like us, but you see, they attack fiercely when they are scared. we human beings are not so much different, aren't we.

沒有留言:

張貼留言