2015年5月24日 星期日

Detox Days

I haven't been updating my detox diary because I basically have been having the same food everyday when I am detoxing i.e. yogurt for breakfast and salad for lunch. And few times a week in the past two weeks I was brought to lunch by my boss with clients, and there was nothing detoxing in those luncheons. And I don't feel like keeping records of all the interruptions I got.

However, my major progress is that I have become highly aware of what I eat, and that I have grown to love eating vegetables and I am also much more energetic than I used to be. I managed to be at work early i.e. arriving at 9am (workhing hours start at 9:30am) most days in the past two weeks. To me that is the greatest benefit of having decided to adjust my lifestyle.

But being at work early doesn't mean you get to leave work on time. No. If you are a Hongkonger you probably know. My office hours ended at 11pm last friday.

Yesterday morning I woke up at 8:30am to take Sasa to the vet. She hasn't been at her best health and so we are taking extra good care of her lately. And unfortunately she seems to have twisted her ankle yesterday afternoon -- clumsy old lady! So we spent the whole day taking care of her today.

And of course, there is work that I have brought home from the office -- I just got a part of it done, and that's why I am taking the opportunity to blog at 1am.

Everyday I remind myself that: if I were in my deathbed I would be regretting all the hours I spent in my office.

I just want to be with the people I love, and that is why I work so hard, so I can keep everything in place, but what's the point if I trade all my time with them away?

There are other aspects of life that need detoxing.

沒有留言:

張貼留言