2013年3月14日 星期四

central station

for two mornings in the central mtr station there was an old lady. she came to me and asked, "hey little girl, could you give me two dollars for a ride home?" so for two mornings i gave her what she asked, and i saw her asking other people for the same thing. i didn't know if i was encouraging her to do so. but she was so happy just to get two dollars, it wasn't much, i would have bought her a breakfast, too, if that was what she wanted. but it was heartbreaking. one of my biggest nightmares, besides dirty bathrooms, is to see old people being hungry and homeless. i often remind myself to work hard so i can give a warm and comfortable life to my mom. i think it's sad that hong kong leaves old people wandering around helplessly, while our government is considerably rich.

i wonder if she will still be there tomorrow.

沒有留言:

張貼留言